$BlogMemberProfile$>

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Patience



Quick question: Who has more hair, Will or his father?

OK. Don't answer. Who's cuter?

Phooey. There's no use denying it: Will is 3 pounds, 12 ounces of pure beefcake.

Not much to report these days. Will still has pneumonia and several wires and sensors connected to him (this photo is pre-IV and nasal feeding tube.) He's doing OK. It's going to take a week or more to clear his lungs of the gunk that got in there. Already, his breathing seems a bit less labored and his levels are getting back to normal. They were in outer space over the weekend.

We're hoping for a quiet week. Will could use a bit of a break, and emotions could run high this weekend. Sunday is Maureen's due date. That's normally the time parents bring their children home. Will isn't much closer to leaving the hospital than he was seven weeks ago.

We knew this would be a long process. I guess we didn't know how long. We first hoped to have him home by Christmas. Now, our goal is Valentine's Day. We just want him home. Will's always moved on his own schedule, though, so patience is key. It's not easy, but it's worth it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family photo!

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, I think you're both pretty cute. About the hair though ....

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that was me above. No, I didn't want to make a anonymous hair joke and run. I hit the wrong button and it posted. Really. Just wanted to add that I'm glad his levels are returning to normal and hope that things keep progressing as such.

Love you guys,
Beth

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will is so very cute (the hair is beautiful!). I hope that he continues to breath more easily as each day passes.

You are all in my thoughts. My love and hugs extend from New York to you three.

Love Always.
Fudge-kins

9:41 AM  
Blogger steve_kurth said...

I flipped over my calendar to December and on one of the days it said "Chance". I was thinking Monopoly, so I'm like "what?" Then I'm like, oh yeah.... little Chance Cannonball Thunders Tuna Salad McAllenWrench Kurth. He's all that and more! Go Chancey!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home